We're taking a few minutes this afternoon to talk about what we've been learning and working on this week.
First of all, Mr. H-A goofed! When he printed the Edmodo password labels yesterday, he put the wrong passwords on them. Corrected labels have replaced the incorrect labels. In general, the Pathfinders have two passwords for all of our different logins, either their birth date or their name with three digits following. When in doubt, try those two first. Sorry about the inconvenience of trying to login last night!
Second we'll give the Edmodo Home Reading Log a try again this weekend. When your student logs into Edmodo they should see "Home Reading Log for the weekend of September 20, 2013." Then they click "Take Quiz" to fill out their Reading Log.
Third, THANK YOU to the parents who came out last night for our 4th grade Parent Night. We hope you learned lots about being a fourth grader.
Now, here's what the Pathfinders have to say about their week here:
- In Math we've been working on rounding. Rounding is when we take a number and see if it will go up or down depending on the place value to the right. It also helps with estimation.
- In Social Studies we've learning what geographers do. We've been learning about directions: cardinal (N, S, E, & W) and intermediate (NE, NW, SE, and SW). We've also been talking about location - both absolute and relative locations.
- Scientifically speaking, we've been talking about the needs of plants and animals for survival: food, shelter, water and air. We have a fresh water habitat in our classroom that contains dwarf African Frogs, snails, and guppies. This morning we even witnessed a snail eating a dead frog! The food web in action!
- We've also been reading and writing a lot. We'll be sharing personal narratives soon! Right now you can check out our Kidblogs for some of our shorter writings.
- Also, we have had to take a bunch of tests this week: Discovery Reading and Math and the Delta Math test.