- We've been looking closely at characters in the books we've been reading. We've learned it's helpful to "step into the character's shoes" and think about how a character is feeling.
- We also continue to search for unknown words in our reading. We look up the words and share the definitions with the class.
- Miss Tuttle has also encouraged us to improve our reading stamina by reading longer than we ever have before.
- Our current unit is on persuasive letters. We are writing letters to get someone to change their mind.
- We're learning to add good details that will support the reasons why someone should believe as we do.
- In our spelling lessons, we've been working on digraphs: ch, th, ph, sh, wh.
- We just finished our multiplication unit which included multiplying numbers as large as 4 digits by 1 digit.
- We're headed into a division unit next week where we'll be learning how to solve long division problems.
- We are split into groups and are each researching a different region of the United States. As we research, we're interested in what the human and physical features are such as population, vegetation, and landforms. Eventually, we'll take this information and design a road trip in this region.
- We've finished our life science unit and will be starting a unit on energy in the coming weeks.
In our "specials:"
- PE: Rollerskating
- Spanish: Animals in Spanish
- Computers: Creating Google Presentations on landforms
- Art: Symmetry
- Music: Recorders
Written as a class-write by the Pathfinder Team