- We're in the middle of book clubs and are using Edmodo to share our thinking and respond to our group member's ideas. Students should be using reading response pages or sticky notes to keep track of their thinking in their book club books. Please ask them to show you some of their notes!
- We'll be starting working on nonfiction reading in the next week or two.
- We're wrapping up learning how to write literary essays. These are writing pieces that reflect on the theme (lesson learned) of short stories and then support our thinking with examples from the story.
- We're wrapping up work on a unit of study of algebra and word problems that contain addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division (and sometimes several in the same problem!). These problems are challenging and require lots of thinking, calculations, and careful work!
- In Science we're studying the many forms of energy, how they help to do work, and are observing how those forms of energy change. Currently we're getting started looking at electricity as a form of energy.
- We're in the midst of studying the regions of the U.S. Students will be using the information to create a website in conjunction with their learning in technology class.
- Valentine's Day celebration, Thursday, Feb. 12th - Final book clubs, Ticket Auction #2, and making Gingerbread Houses with our reading buddies.
- No School - Friday, Feb. 13th and Monday, Feb. 16th - Winter Break
- Roosevelt 4th Graders taking the NAEP test - Feb. 25th
- Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences - Monday, March 2rd - 2:00-8:00pm - Look for more information coming soon. (No school for students on that day)