- In Science we've been studying energy. We have created a complete circuit with a light bulb, battery and wires. In the process we also learned about atoms and how electrons can move in the circuit.
- In Math we continue to work on three methods of long division: expanded notation, digit-by-digit (traditional), rectangle sections. You can find links to a few ShowMe videos on our Math page [Pathfinder Team Trailhead -> Links to Explore -> Math] if you need help with each type. We have been practicing a variety of math concepts using a new program called Moby Math (see separate post).
- This week we wrote our persuasive writing assessment piece on the topic of smoking. Our job was to convince an adult to either stop smoking or not start.
- In Spanish we learned that the Spanish alphabet has 29 letters instead of 26. We also have been learning how to say animal names in Spanish.
- Our class set of iPads were recently updated with new apps so we've been spending some time learning about these new apps and thinking about how we may use them in our learning.
- In Computers, we have been working on Prezis on the topic "all about you."
- For our class read-aloud, we just finished The Lightning Thief and are starting a new book, My Side of the Mountain.
- In PE we are working on a basketball unit.
It's been a while since we've sent an update. This afternoon the Pathfinders took a few minutes to think about what we've been learning over the past month. Here's what they said.
As your son or daughter may have told you, we've been working with a new online Math program called Moby Math (http://www.runmoby.com). Moby Math is going to be our replacement for XtraMath. In case you're interested, here's why: